From Struggles to Sunshine

 “You can’t love what you don’t know”

Rereading my old writings brings back a wave of nostalgia and gratitude for everything that’s happened in my life. It’s been a year and a half since I started working at my current company, and wow, what a ride it’s been!

Let’s be real: the first three months were a bit of a struggle. I was thrown into a fast-paced work environment with a hefty workload. There were moments when I just wanted to throw in the towel. But then I remembered all the tough times I had faced before, and quitting didn’t feel right. Shifting my mindset to something more positive really helped me get through that rough patch. There’s an Indonesian saying: “You can’t love what you don’t know,” and it perfectly sums up that initial trial phase.

Once I settled in, work started to feel lighter and way more enjoyable. Sure, the workload was still high, but with a positive attitude and good vibes from my colleagues, everything felt manageable. Plus, I discovered that this office is full of great experiences and professionalism. Everyone has a voice here, and I’ve got the freedom to be creative and make decisions. It’s pretty empowering!

When I first started, my biggest dream was to travel more often. Now, my ambition has shifted. While I still love the idea of traveling, what I really want is supportive colleagues and supervisors who help guide me on the right path. And you know what? That’s totally okay!

Stopping by Siborong-borong before diving into my six-hour road trip

Speaking of travel, I’ve actually visited several cities in Indonesia over the past year and a half. Working for a company with locations across the islands has its perks! Sure, the journeys can be tiring, but they’re always memorable.

One trip that stands out was my six-hour adventure to Subulussalam, Aceh. After passing through Sidikalang in North Sumatra, I found myself winding along mountain roads that made me feel a bit carsick. And to top it off, it was dark! I almost lost my lunch, but thankfully, I held it together. Not sure I’ll be heading back there anytime soon, haha!

Our own grass is just as lush

Then came the best part: a business trip to Bali! This is hands down my favorite trip because, let’s face it, Bali is paradise. Yes, it’s crowded with tourists now, but I still adore the vibe. The beaches are gorgeous, and the air is refreshing. I enjoyed hopping from café to café and taking relaxing strolls along the beach, soaking in the sea breeze while sunbathing. Pure bliss!

So, that’s my little journey. The takeaway? Enjoy what you have in life. The grass might look greener on the other side, but often, our own grass is just as lush. Let’s embrace both the good times and the challenges with a positive attitude!

Comments

Popular Posts