Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end


Life update: I have made the decision to resign after four and a half years of experiencing both highs and lows. From navigating the challenges of COVID and its various impacts, I have reached a point where I feel it is time for a change. I would like to express my gratitude to my supportive colleagues, who have come and gone like the wind, as well as those who have stayed with me throughout these years. This journey has been a process of growth and developing patience.

What lessons have I learned thus far?

Learning the art of patience

Working in the media industry has taught me the importance of working quickly, being agile, and thinking creatively. Regardless of the news I was covering, I had to act swiftly to meet deadlines and persist until I found what I was looking for. Later on, I transitioned to a corporate environment where every decision required approval from superiors, and the pace was much slower due to bureaucratic processes.

I understand that different work cultures have their own distinct characteristics, but the slow pace and excessive bureaucracy proved to be challenging for me. I realized that work is not just an individual effort, but a collective team endeavor. This required me to slow down and approach decision-making with greater care. However, I found it increasingly difficult to thrive in an environment that restricted my creativity and ultimately diminished my motivation.

While I enjoyed the company of my coworkers, the relaxed work atmosphere, and the convenience of an office close to home, I reached a point where my creative abilities restrained. Instead of allowing negative thoughts to consume my mind, I made the choice to move on.

Everything will fall into place in due time

Leading a team is no easy task. Numerous obstacles arise, and it is crucial to foster harmony within the team. This requires mutual respect. After all, this is just work. There will always be someone who can take our place. However, how we treat others will always be remembered.

After months of searching for a new job, good fortune arrived unexpectedly. I received numerous offers, even after committing to another company. It is truly remarkable how all my concerns and complaints from the past few years were addressed as my time at work came to an end.

Working selflessly

Working selflessly is key, as good things come to those who are patient and do not calculate every move. When we feel stuck and frustrated, and you feel this the time for change it is better to choose to move forward. If our mindset is affected, it will negatively impact our work.

Let us not forget the importance of continuous learning, as we never know when our knowledge will prove useful in the future. Furthermore, we should not hesitate to share our knowledge generously, as it serves no purpose if we cannot pass it on to others.

Let's move forward..

 "Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end"


Comments

Popular Posts