Spanish Getaway

Hello World!

Life has been moving so fast; my last post was in the year 2020. It has been almost two years, yet we are constantly in a Pandemic. At this moment, COVID's newest variant is Omicron B4. A and B5. A has spread all over the world. The cases have raised again, but it wasn’t as nerve-wracking as before. Probably because the symptoms are not severe or it’s because people were tired of living in fear and being detained from their social life.

And so do I, trying to coup with the new-normal but dealing with the same old activity. Working like usual, barely put the mask on and maintain physical distancing every time I went out with friends or families.

Unfortunately, there is one thing that is still not normal, the Spanish class. I have taken a class before the pandemic to maintain my Spanish proficiency in Instituto Nebrija at the London School of Public Relations (LSPR). It was a fun activity to gather with my fellow amigo.

Amigos de Nebrija

But since the Pandemic teaching method was changing to an online session. I participated at first, trying to hold concentration; however I did not feel the vibe. I love learning in class and getting to know people face to face rather than chatting through my laptop screen. After a class, I decided not to pursue it anymore. I prefer to keep my Spanish by watching movies, YouTubers, simply reading Spanish news.

Learning Spanish in Nebrija was a pleasant our teacher Alfonso has a nifty method to keep us motivated. He has various ways to make us understand and participate in class. Sometimes we hung out after class and just socializing and had fun. I also reconnected with my old amigo from my previous classroom in Instituto Cervantes and made new friends in Nebrija.

Spanish Fiesta
 

I considered Spanish class my getaway pleasure. I always get excited on the weekend to attend classroom. After being preoccupied for a whole week with work and deadlines, eventually I could release it. After passing the exam at the end of the class, we would have a house party or held a Christmas party. It was lively and noisy but an enjoyment.

Ohhh...How I missed pre-pandemic life.

I would love to participate in another offline Spanish class perhaps it will start soon. Nueva energĂ­a, nueva actitud, nuevos retos.

Comments

Popular Posts