Starstruck Over Actor Ha Jung Woo

 

July has just passed, and now we welcome August. It's been eight months now since the coronavirus outbreak. The year 2020 has been difficult and rough for all of us, yet we still need to keep our spirits high and keep precautions by obeying the health and safety protocol against COVID-19.

In my previous post, I mentioned my new hobby during quarantine; watching YouTube and other streaming services. That habit is still continuing now, and it made me addicted to many Korean dramas and films.

There is one particular Korean actor that I love so much. I watched one of his movies, and then I fell in love with his act. After that, I googled every movie that he has been stared and tried to find his film one by one.


Ha Jung Woo one of the Korean top list actors; he caught my attention when I watched his movie The Berlin File. It is an action movie that tells a story about a North Korean secret agent in Berlin, Germany, who is betrayed and cut loose when a weapons deal is exposed. 


I love how cool Ha Jung Woo played his character as a secret agent; he is mysterious, and calm yet hold emotional feeling towards his wife, played by actress Jun Ji Hyun. Like typical spy movies, it took a lot of tension from gunfire, fighting scenes, and explosions. It was very entertaining.


Then I watched The Handmaiden a movie based on Sarah Walter’s novel Fingersmith. It is an erotic thriller set in 1930 in Korea during Japanese colonial rule. This movie has won BAFTA Award for Best Foreign Language Film in 2016 and has high ratings from movie critics. 


It is a bit heavy from his previous movie that I’ve watched, but the plot was very intriguing, not to mention the beautiful cinematography. It was very detailed and creating a sense of dark and creepy feeling. This movie is divided into three parts, it is confusing yet successfully surprising me as the audience.

I love how Ha Jung Woo plays his character as Count Fujiwara a con man who tries to seduce a Japanese heiress that has a dark secret. He played it really well, some parts of me hated him for being such an opportunist but in the other parts, I feel pity for him when he’s being caught.


After those two movies, I can’t stop watching his other movies like Ashfall, Along With The GodsThe ChaserNameless Gangster, The Terror Live, and so on. One of the characters that have made me like him, even more, is when he played a serial killer in the movie The Chaser.


His act in this movie is mesmerized me and unforgettable. He played convincingly as a psychopathic serial killer who killed women for pleasure. Even after he got caught by the police, he was very calm while confessing all crimes that he committed. I recommend this movie to you. This film is based on an actual event in Seoul, South Korea.

So like any other fan, I became obsessed with him by watching his movies, searching for him on YouTube, and collecting his pin on Pinterest. I watched many of his interviews on YouTube, but too bad many of these videos didn’t have a translation so I have no idea what he’s talking about but I still enjoy it.


What I like the most about Ha Jung Woo is his figure which is so manly in real life. He’s not like typical Korean celebrities who look sweet and pretty. He is also not as handsome as an actor like Jung Woo Sung or Jo In Sung, but his charismatic persona attracts me, and his sense of humor is simply perfect.


Right now, I’m still looking at his filmography and trying to find his old movies, and waiting for his new project. I wonder what kinds of films he’ll take.




Comments

Popular Posts