Crash Landing on You



We all have a better expectation and hope for New Year, but 2020 has been tough for all of us. Since the first outbreak in Wuhan China last December, the new Coronavirus Disease or known as COVID-19 has spread all over the world. Killed thousands of lives and changed the way we live. All of us were forced to sit still at our house, keeping our distance from each other and wear masks.

Including me, since March I had to work from home like the rest of people around the world. It was a weird experience to work from home for such a long time, three months to be precise. Because I spent time at home so much, I decided to reorganize my tiny working space in my bedroom. I set up a desk and a chair bought a pillow for my back and creating a wall of inspiration in front of the desk.

The workspace was set perfectly and I spent most of my time there, working on an assignment, watching movies, or simply reading books. Speaking about watching movies I think all of us agree that most people were enjoying YouTube, Netflix, or other movie applications during quarantine at home.


Forbidden Love Between North and South Korea


So did I, and my choice was watching Korean drama or K-drama from Viu.com or other movies application. I chose to watch the hit K-drama in late 2019; Crash Landing On you. I thought this drama has an interesting plot, good looking actors and actress and amazing fashion styles.


Crash Landing on You tells a love story between a North Korean soldier Captain Ri Jong Hyeok and a South Korean businesswoman Yoon Se Ri. They ran into each other when Yoon parachute carried by the wind during tornado into North Korea border, and then she was crash landing on Ri.


At that moment Captain Ri and his team were guarding at the border, they were trying to catch Yoon but they failed because she was running away. However, Yoon ends up in Captain Ri’s house by accident and he doesn’t have a choice rather than helping her hide in his house for a while. Then Captain Ri and his team agreed to keep her existence quiet until they find a way to take her back to South Korea.

The story gets complicated when they started to fall in love, also when Yoon’s brother was trying to keep her in North Korea forever and Captain Ri’s opponent trying to destroy him by revealing Yoon’s whereabouts.

I spent two to three episodes each day because the story keeps me wonder. The plot was interesting but the ending was unsatisfactory. I just thought that the last episode was lack of something.

Political Drama of Designated Survivor 60 Days


Then I continued to watch another K-drama with a different genre and its success captivated my heart. Designated Survivor 60 Days a political drama with an intriguing plot and high tense scenes on each episode. This drama is an adaptation of American series with the same title Designated Survivor, played by actor Kiefer Sutherland.


The plot is similar but not the same. It adjusted with Korean culture and political matters of the Korean Peninsula (South Korea, North Korea, and China). The story started when a young Ministry of Environment, Park Mu Jin was fired from his job by the President due to their different opinions a few hours before the plenary session in the assembly hall building.


Then the President and all of his cabinet ministries were dead after a bomb exploded in the assembly hall during the speech. Park Mu Jin became the designated survivor and he was appointed as interim president until the presidential election was held in the next 60 days.


The Dapper Interim President Park Mu Jin


The interim President was clueless with his new job, he has to deal with a critical situation and a variety of political problems. President Park wasn’t a politician, he was a lecturer in university before he was appointed as Minister of Environment by late President Yang Ji Man.


From the very beginning, this drama has shocked me and keeps me curious about what will happen next. Who is the mastermind of the bombing? Who can be trusted? Will President Park able to do his job right and face his opponents? I was so excited about watching each episode.


Besides the interesting story I also really like the actor who plays President Park; Ji Jin Hee who always looks so dapper. I knew him from one of Running Man episodes a long time ago, but it turns out that he once played a male leading role in the famous historical K-drama Jewel in The Palace back in 2003.

Hyun Bin who plays the character of Captain Ri surely a handsome one, but Ji Jin Hee's role in Designated Survivor 60 Days truly mesmerized me. I think he is so charismatic and the way he portrays President Park's character from being innocent to being a reliable head of state makes me amazed. Oppa 사랑해 ❤

Comments

Popular Posts